Saturday, January 2, 2021

Day 2 of Character Creation Challenge - V&V 2.1 NPC

Once the concept was established about Players playing Player Characters, Jeff and Jack introduced Non-Player Characters in the rules. There is a complete random NPC generation system in the back of V&V 2.1. Since I love random character generation I am going above and beyond creating my second character of the day using those rules. First I need the identity and side. I want to make this a villain for me to fight so the side will be evil.

Identity: Wayne Wilcox

Side: Evil

Roll d6 for Sex, rolled 2 so Male

Sex: Male

Weight for a Male is 5d6 times 10, roll is a 15

Weight: 150

There is a table for experience level. It is a cross reference to my character of level 1 and rolling 4d6, rolled 12, so the table result is 4

Experience: 9,000 Level: 4

Age is 2d6 plus 12 plus experience level of 4, so it is 2d6+16, rolled 7 so age is 23

Age: 23

For the Basic Characteristics it is 3d6. So I rolled it for each BC.

Str       12

End     8

Agi      12

Int       10

Cha      12

The rest of the Character stats are calculated using the Character Record Sheet (available Free from Monkey House Games website)

Since Wayne is level 4, he gets 3 training bonus rolls. It is a table for a d6.

Roll 1: 5; +1 Charisma and reroll; Reroll: 4; +1 Intelligence

Roll 2: 6; +1 Invention Attempt and reroll; I will save the invention until the end after I know what the character is about. Reroll: 3; +1 Agility

Roll 3: 6; +1 Invention Attempt and reroll; I will save the now 2 invention attempts until the end after I know what the character is about. Reroll: 6; +1 Invention Attempt and reroll; I will save the now 3 invention attempts until the end after I know what the character is about. Reroll: 6; +1 Invention Attempt and reroll; I will save the now 4 invention attempts until the end after I know what the character is about. Reroll: 2; (wow, finally an end to the 6’s) +1 Endurance.

Here are the new BCs after training bonus rolls

Str       12

End     9

Agi      13

Int       11

Cha      13

Origin has a roll of a percentile dice. On an 80 or less Wayne if local to Arlington, Texas, I rolled a 96 so he is not local. This means the reason Wayne is here is association with UTA. I roll d100 on the Origin chart. I rolled a 97 which results in a Lost/Hidden Civilization. So Wayne is the name he took upon coming to America.

Background is 2 d100 rolls on the Knowledge area table.

Roll 1: 83; Accounting / Finance (What I actually received a degree in from UTA, I love random dice!)

Roll 2: Inheritor; Trust Fund

There are more rolls for Inheritor. The first is the age of the inheritance received. Roll 4d10, rolled 16. Since it is before age 21, it is in a trust fund

The second roll is for the amount which is 1d3*d100*d100, rolled: 2*68*5=$680. I think if the inheritance is part of his background it would be a significant so I am making it $680 Million dollars.

Number of powers is 1d6 +2:  6 – One power will be dropped, if weakness dropped then a 2nd dropped.

Power 1: Device d100: 32 - Heightened Agility B, roll 3d10, rolled 18, +18

Power 2: Device d100: 53 – Lightning Control

Power 3: Device d100: 11 – Armor B; roll d100+30 for Armor Defense Rating; rolled 53, ADR is 83. There is a 40% chance that the Armor provides bonus powers, rolled 61. No bonus. To get the material the Armor is made from rolled d20 and found the equivalent on the Structural Points chart, rolled 11. It is Steel Armor.

Power 4: Skills d100: 27 – Heightened Defense, -4 to be hit.

Power 5: Skills d100: 92 – Weakness Detection; dropped

Power 6: Skills d100:47 – Heightened Intelligence A, roll 2d10, rolled 6, +6

Weakness: d100: 22 – Low Self Control: Can’t stop gloating when opponent is down or defeated. Will spent 1 turn “speechifying” when opponent it prone.

Here are the new BCs after Power rolls

Str       12

End     9

Agi      31

Int       17

Cha      13

I need to determine if Wayne has a criminal record in his Identity. To do that I roll d20 and if less than level then he has a criminal record, rolled an 8 vs. his level of 4. No criminal record.

I need to determine if Wayne is wanted by the authorities. To do that I roll d20 and if less than his Charisma then he is wanted, rolled a 14 vs. his Charisma score of 13. He is not wanted by the authorities.

Now the last item to resolve is his 4 inventing rolls. I will roll d100 and if less than 52% (inventing is 51%) he will have invented a device to add. It will be 1/3 the power level of the normal device power level.

Inventing 1 rolled: 13, success

Inventing 2 rolled: 7, success

Inventing 3 rolled: 38, success

Inventing 4 rolled: 88, failed.

Wayne can gain 3 new devices which are 1/3 the power level or 1 normal power level device. Looking at his Lightning Device powers it is too limited because of his low endurance. He needs a device that will increase his endurance which will improve his Lightning Device. Wayne invents a Heightened Endurance Device. That works well with the rules to. The first inventing success is worth d10 and each success afterwards he gets another d10. So he now is Heightened Endurance B Device having rolled 3d10 for +20 to his Endurance.

I am not thinking of any hidden worlds for his origins but this is simply character creation not a full fledged campaign. If it was a campaign, the hidden world would have to be incorporated into the campaign world as well (or chosen from an existing hidden world).

For a name, I keep coming back to a battery or a generator so I am going with Turbine Titan.



 

2 comments:

  1. So excellent! You did it the way a pro should. One suggestion: since the random weight generation only gives the 10's digits [i.e. 140 lbs, 150 lbs, 160 lbs] may I suggest rolling a d10, counting the '0' as zero and adding it?

    You would, most likely, benefit: with just one more pound of weight, you are considered to have 4 Basic Hits, and that means 15 more hit points!

    Of course, you were just following the rules as written, but I think that is a reasonable extrapolation.

    peace
    justice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good idea, I will remember that for next time.

    ReplyDelete